mié, 23 mar|
LIVE online and recorded- RSVP for details
Yoga 4 Ukraine
A Yoga session to remember your light, and that true change in the world begins with you, with me, and within our community. All proceeds will go toward local collective Refugee efforts in Spain via the Spain 4 Ukraine Cause!
Time & Location
23 mar 2022, 7:00 – 8:00 CET
LIVE online and recorded- RSVP for details
About the Event
A Yoga session to remember your light, and that true change in the world begins with you, with me, and within our community.
All proceeds will go toward local collective Refugee efforts in Spain via the Spain 4 Ukraine Cause!
All donations to:
BIZUM: +34 619 336 086
Please put Yoga 4 Ukraine in the comments and your contribution will be sent to the fund helping support a network of homes and Masias who have opened their doors to 140+ Regugee Families from Ukraine.
Here is the story of how #Spain4Ukraine began....
"The story that unites us: It all started on March 6; After several days waiting for the news that arrived from the Ukraine, five friends were determined to travel in our cars to the Ukrainian border to bring displaced people from the war, as a Galician couple had already done.
Initially we were going to go with 4 cars, with the aim of bringing 12 people and placing them, for an indefinite time, in the homes of trusted family and friends.
By discussing it with people close to us and spreading it through our children's schools, there was a constant trickle of volunteer drivers willing to join us (up to a total of 24)
The project was growing exponentially, hour by hour hands were added… but we needed a bus to make the trip safer and more efficient and the news of a possible strike in the transport sector did not help…. But finally we got a Polish bus company to provide us with 2 buses!
In parallel, more than 200 volunteers were responsible for the collection, classification, packaging and labeling of all the humanitarian aid material, which we had collected through our children's schools and town halls in the area, until all the expedition vehicles.
March 13 was the big day!
At 8:30 a.m., a delegation of 18 people, distributed between 2 buses, 8 vans and 1 caravan, left Sitges for Medyka (Poland), with the capacity to pick up 140 refugees and full of humanitarian material to unload at the border. as well as various material to make the return trip as pleasant as possible, especially for the little ones (pacifiers, blankets, movies, paintings, toys, water bottles, etc.)
While the delegation is on its way to the Ukrainian border, in Spain the team continues to work tirelessly on the arrival device;
· Identifying shelters and host families, indefinitely, for refugees; Today we have accommodation for 80 refugees, through close contacts, and this number is increasing day by day.
· Working on the reception protocol; through a team of 8 volunteer psychologists, who after having already advised the staff of the entourage (preparing them on emotional aspects and care for those displaced by war) are now working on these same aspects with the host families and will be an active part at the time of the arrival of the convoy in Spain, providing psychological care and support when they meet with the host families.
· Legal advice; through specialist immigration lawyers, who also disinterestedly, will be present at the time of arrival to advise both the host families and the refugees themselves, on the procedures to be carried out to regularize their situation once they arrive in our country and inform them of the rights that the competent authorities have established for their situation.
· Recapitulating infographics on organizations and institutions that can be useful for families and displaced persons, aimed at promoting their integration into our society (associations, language schools that offer Spanish classes, translation services, etc.)
· More than 39 Ukrainian translators are at the disposal of this initiative to facilitate communications with the displaced, both at the time of meeting with the refugees at the border, as well as upon arrival
Although we are still more than 600 kilometers from Medyca, our contact persons at that point of the border have already sent us the first list of refugees, which includes the first names and surnames of the women and children who, at the moment, are expected to board our buses, vans and caravans.
They wait at the border, we are anxious to arrive.
The youngest baby is 25 days. "
The Ace of ❤️ - Guillermo